Read online or probably best to download (free).
Please NOTE: this is a book that belongs in your library together with The Johannine Gospel in Gnostic Exegesis also by Elaine Pagels. So much of what is written about the Gnosis and Gnostics is written by folk who do not “Know”, the Agnoia, those who are ignorant of the gnosis, not Initiated.
(Strong’s #52: ignorance, inadvertence, sometimes with the idea of willful blindness)
IF you are being Led onto this Path, and are interested in better understanding the New Testament Letters of Paul and John’s “gospel” these two Pagel books, carefully Studied and considered, will help you SEE and Awake from the Spirit of Slumber, Romans 11:8. NOTE: the Greek word translated Slumber is Strong’s # 2659 “katanuxis” which is a synonym for the word “lethe” Strong’s # 3024, forgetfulness. Why is this important?
The Greek word translated truth is Strong’s # 2222 Alethia, which in the Ancient Traditions means not forgetting (Who you Are).
And, further, IF we CONTINUE IN THE Logos, the two-edged Sword, that divides psuchê and pnuema, joints and marrow, thoughts and intents, we can become Disciples and come into a gnosis of the Alethia (knowledge of the truth) and Remembering the truth will Free us; and eventually all creation.
(16) I do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers.
(17) [For I always pray to] the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, that He may grant you a spirit of wisdom and revelation [of insight into mysteries and secrets] in the [deep and intimate] knowledge of Him,
(the Greek word translated knowledge is Strong’s # 1922 epignosis, epi means “from Above”-mdw)
(18) By having the eyes of your heart flooded with light, so that you can know and understand the hope to which He has called you, and how rich is His glorious inheritance in the saints (His set-apart ones),
(19) And [so that you can know and understand] what is the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of His power in and for us who believe, as demonstrated in the working of His mighty strength,
(20) Which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His [own] right hand in the heavenly [places],
(21) Far above all rule and authority and power and dominion and every name that is named [above every title that can be conferred], not only in this age and in this world, but also in the age and the world which are to come.
(22) And He has put all things under His feet and has appointed Him the universal and supreme Head of the church [a headship exercised throughout the church],
(23) Which is His body, the fullness of Him Who fills all in all [for in that body lives the full measure of Him Who makes everything complete, and Who fills everything everywhere with Himself].
Ephesians 1:16-23 AMPLIFIED BIBLE TRANSLATION